Wednesday, August 20, 2008

only a couple of sleeps left

First thing Friday we're heading out - across the 401 to Gananoque, through the NorthEast US to Maine, continuing Saturday to New Brunswick. We're off for just over a week of summer vacation. Hurray!

There've been suggestions that I'm "knitting obsessed", a "knit-oholic", that Gavin is a "knit-widower". I'll admit, I was knitting morning, noon and night for the Ravelympics - but I was racing, it was a competition! And I have been knitting a lot lately - more than ever before - but I'm enjoying it.

The house is clean. The laundry is done. The cat is fed. The days before vacation are hectic, but things are under control. It's true that casting on a new pair of socks was given higher priority than checking cat food inventory or arranging Blue Cross coverage, but everything is ready now. Only two more sleeps 'til we're on vacation!

No comments: