Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hijacked

I've been talking with a group of seniors about knitting for the Warm Hands Network. I don't know what they must have thought when I turned up without warning at one of their Craft Group meetings ! A few were distrustful - like I was trying to swindle their life savings. But a few were welcoming ... friendly, talkative, inquisitive. So I shouldn't have been surprised when Shirley piped up to ask that I drive a group of them to the Coats & Clark factory outlet.

Mom and I have been wanting to go, but you know what it's like. So much to do, so little time. But I figured we could go, shop, get back, all in time so that I wasn't too late for work. It might be fun. And to be honest, I wasn't sure I could say no to Shirley - she seemed pretty determined.

We had a great time. I have lots of new yarns in my stash. And Shirley extracted a promise that I would call her if I ever planned another trip to the outlet store. "Where are we going next week?" she asked as we parted.

No comments: