Thursday, September 25, 2008

now I get it

"Super fast and completely uncomplicated, these socks almost knit themselves!" That's what the pattern says. It didn't feel that way over the last couple of weeks, as I knit and then ripped out. Then knit again and ripped out again. And knit once more and ripped out once more. Boy, that comment was really bugging me! Until now.

Because now I can see it's true. Now that I know the secrets of yarnover pairs for the short rows, now that the mysteries of working from charts have been revealed, now it seems "completely uncomplicated"

Now, too, it's going "super fast". The simple 8 row chart doesn't take much concentration. And, apart from the chart, the rest is stocking stitch - easy and quick. I'm glad I stuck with it. Now that I know what I'm doing, the second sock promises to be ... super fast and completely uncomplicated.

No comments: