Saturday, October 4, 2008

little things

Hurray, it's Saturday! What a brutal work week that was. One big project after another and all on crazy deadlines. Thursday took the cake. I went in 3 hours early to tackle the work I didn't get to the day before. And worked frantically for almost fourteen hours before I finished. *Get up and go to work, work, work, work, go home, sleep*, repeat from * to * each day until the weekend.

So I have not finished my second mitt. I have not started a second Express Lane Sock. Not checked my emails. Not looked at the quilt that needs to be finished in few weeks. Not returned any phone calls. Not started anything for the craft show at the end of November. Not done any laundry. Not vacuumed. Not cleaned the house. And I'm exhausted.

Yesterday there was a letter waiting for me when I got home - a "Thank You" card from Shirley for our trip to the Coats & Clark outlet. I can't begin to tell you what a lift that gave me. Because I have a lot to be thankful for. And I have Saturday and Sunday to get some of the stuff on my list done.

No comments: