Friday, October 10, 2008

stash busting

At Spun Fibre Arts I saw a beautiful Baby Blanket - Bob Blankie by Mags Kandis in Mission Falls Cotton. Gorgeous and brilliantly simple! The pattern book Wee Knits 3 had sold out at Spun Fibre Arts so I ordered it from Kniterary in Whitby.

Finally, last night I made it out to Kniterary to pick up the book ... but only after several miscues, wrong-turns and a desperate phone call to the shop owner for driving directions. It's a nice little cottage jam-packed with all sorts of fabulous yarn. And a basket of the most glorious variegated red Mission Falls wool at the cash counter. Very tempting! But with Gavin pacing outside - tired, hungry and more than a little fed up - it just wasn't the right time to browse.

But the book is great and the pattern, too. I'm packing the book to show my sister-in-law Patti who has expressed interest in learning to knit. And maybe it's a chance to use up all the Patons Look at Me yarn in my stash.

No comments: