Tuesday, November 25, 2008

odds and ends

Today I'm gathering up the knitted goods to mail them to the Warm Hands Network in Ottawa, on the first leg of their journey to Labrador. The bundle should be in time for the Christmas shipment to the Innu communities in Northern Labrador. And quite a nice little bundle it is. Hopefully each hat and each pair of mitts finds a child who will benefit from them. And maybe next year I'll get an earlier start - who knew mitts were so easy to knit?

As for the beaded amulet bag, I'm not sure whether to keep going. The pattern calls for size 00 or 000 needles, but the smallest I could find were size 0. I've cast on and knitted about a 1/4 of the front of the bag, but the knitting is overwhelming the beads. And I think it should be the other way round. My thought is that Mom and I could look around this weekend to see if we can find smaller needles. If so, then I'll rip it out and start again. If not, then I'll go forward as is.

Finally, there's my Taiga sweater. I've knit a couple more rounds of the sleeve - now I'm desperate to switch to a circular needles. But wouldn't you know it, I haven't been able to lay my hands on a set that's 4.25mm. It seems I have almost every other size of needles, just not the one I need. Add that to the shopping list for this weekend.

1 comment:

kalyle said...

Awesome feeling to send off the stuff for WarmHands, eh? :-)