Wednesday, December 17, 2008

t'was the week before Christmas ...


The first mitt still needs a thumb and the second is about 1/3rd of the way knit. But with work crazy busy and a long list of other things to get done, I haven't had much time to knit. On the bright side, my Christmas cards are designed, printed, addressed and mailed. And the tree is up and decorated. So Christmas will come on schedule - no problems there.

I've joined a mystery winter KnitAlong on Ravelry. The pattern designer emails the KAL members daily with about 15 minutes of knitting instructions. We don't know what we're knitting and we don't have any pictures for reference. We're to knit blindly as instructed and see what comes out. It's a neat idea, I think, and hopefully I can do it right the first time. Because if I go wrong, I may not realize it right away.

Today is day 3 of the KAL and I'm completely behind. Mostly because the needle size I need is the same as for the mittens that I've already started. So I need to get those mittens finished and off the needles in a hurry. All thoughts of lining them will have to wait.

No comments: