Friday, March 13, 2009

Lucky Friday the 13th


Found it! The perfect yarn for Bethany's September Hat! It's from Manos Del Uruguay which literally translates as The Hands of Uruguay - a non-profit organization comprised of more than 400 cooperatives scattered across the country, bringing social and economic opportunity to rural women. A gorgeous kettle dyed wool in shades of brown, orange and purple.

And shopping wasn't the only thing I did at the SnB at Creative Yarns last night. I've turned the heel on my second monkey sock. Members of the knitting club from a local public school came out to join us. Aleda, 11 years old, seemed quite fascinated with Fair Isle knitting. And Peter, 8 years old, asked me to show him how to knit on dpns. And when Jody gave them all row counters for their needles, they were over the moon.

Oh, and I also picked up a skein of Noro Kureyon Sock yarn. It wasn't really on my shopping list. But now that I've jumped on the bandwagon with Monkey socks, I may as well see how I like the Noro bandwagon. My monkey socks are almost done, and I have two new yarns in my stash - lucky me!!

No comments: