Monday, May 11, 2009

easiest ever

While work progresses slowly on the complicated socks, I've cast on some mindless knitting on another set of needles. So I've started Janice's Easiest Ever Lacy Blanket. Now that I'm several repeats into the blanket, I'll admit it - it really is the easiest ever lacy blanket. Which makes it embarrassing to admit that I messed up my first try, ripped out after 10 rows and started again. With this pattern I wanted something quite traditional, vintage even. With the thought that a new mother may see this blanket and think, I had a blanket just like this when I was small!

The yarn is Dream in Color Classy in a colourway called GoGo Grassy. Although lovely to knit, this colourway is disappointingly bland. Not nearly as exciting as the purple colourway from last week. Nonetheless, it's still pretty and it's working up into a charming little blanket.

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks wonderful and I think the colour willbe great for a baby- not the trad pink/blue or white and soft on the eyes when the baby needs to sleep.(or when the Mum needs to sleep!)

MagicalJane said...

You think the colour is bland?
You're knitting in colourful verigated yarns?
Bright red socks (that yarn is particularly wonderful!)?

Who are you and what have you done with my friend Lynn?

I like it though! I really do.