Thursday, May 14, 2009

a strange thing happened


... when I started the second skein. Suddenly there's a lot more colour transitioning in my knitting. Honestly, the skeins appeared to match when I bought them - same yarn, same colourway, bought at the same time from the same vendor. Weird, huh?

It's an interesting break from the blandness of a few days ago. Guess I'll keep going and see how it looks when it's all done. If I really don't like it then, I can always rip the whole thing out and reknit. By alternating a couple of rows from skein one, then a couple from skein two, I could spread the colours out more evenly. But for now, I'm just going to carry on and see what develops.

2 comments:

Mrs. Homesteader said...

I like the color variances! It adds interest.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

interesting-it looks like the colour of the sea at evening now