Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday morning

It's early Monday morning. The week stretches in front of me like a blank canvas. Especially blank this week because I've finished everything that was on needles. New project time - but what? What colour, what yarn, what pattern? Isn't that the best? Looking through all the stash yarns, imagining all the possibilities.

A second little Alpaca mitt was finished last night to make a pair with the mitt from Friday. Not enough yarn left to make anything else. I'm really pleased with these - very soft and very warm. So pleased, in fact, that I'm thinking of Christmas knitting in baby Alpaca. Hats and mitts for everyone!

The baby blanket of my own design is also done. I cast off Saturday evening and left it to soak in Eucalan over night. The Briggs & Little yarn is "rustic" and can feel quite scratchy. The first wash has softened it up considerably. Enough that it is comfortable against the skin. As it is a baby blanket, I'm planning to wash it a few more times, to make it comfortable against a baby's skin. See the eyelet rows when the light shines through? Although the pattern is very plain and simple, I'm happy with it. And it's completely reversible.

Sunday morning I also wove in all the ends on my Taiga sweater. Now that's something to celebrate. Took me long enough, I know! Ready for wearing this fall.

No comments: