Sunday, August 30, 2009

test knitting


I'm relieved to say that I like these socks better after washing and blocking. Glynis is still not in the running for my favourite Cookie A pattern, not even close, but it's yielded a nice, wearable pair of socks. And it's a relief to have them done and off the needles. Too bad I'm not as happy about the yarn - particularly as it's one of the more expensive hand-dyed yarns I've ever purchased. Oh well, live and learn.

Starting Friday evening and finishing Saturday morning I knit the first of the patterns that I'm test knitting for Tabitha - a pair of two colour slipper socks. A really quick knit - ankle height socks in worsted wool! They're drying on sock blockers now. Once dry, I'm going to try my hand at a slip-resistant tread using Tulip® Puffy Paint. My brother's family just moved into a big old house with refinished wood floors, so I think they'll be a perfect house-warming gift for my sister-in-law. When it's all done, and after Tabitha's posted the final pattern to Ravelry, I'll post some pictures of the socks. And let you know how the tread thing works out.

No comments: