Friday, November 13, 2009

back to my needles


Another several hectic days have gone by, but now I'm finally back to my knitting. The first Pomatomus sock is done - and badly in need of blocking. I'll cast on the second sock today. As I knit the leg of this sock I was thinking unkind thoughts about all the knitting through the back loops. Now, as I survey the finished sock, I'm mentally apologizing for my earlier complaints. By knitting through the back loops the stitches are twisted and look more prominent, which makes the pattern very striking. Well worth the effort!

Over the next few days I need to finish the things I've started. My tree frog needs front toes. Gavin wants a third glove so that he can choose between exposed fingers for photography or covered fingers for warmth. Then Christmas knitting ...

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sock looks great... that is a wicked pattern!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks fab.
well worth sticking with the knit-through-the-back-of-the-loop thingy!