Thursday, November 26, 2009

Niddy Noddy


Several years ago a friend remarked that I got more "Honey Do" projects than anyone else he knew. And tonight, I know it's true. After my drop spindle class I mentioned to Gavin that it'd be handy to have a "Niddy Noddy" and then sent him this link to show what I meant. He checked it out, jotted down some notes and off we went to Canadian Tire.

1 piece 1/2" PVC, just over 5 ft long ..... $3.39
2 Tee connectors ................................ $0.98
4 end caps ......................................... $1.40

For $5.77 plus taxes we had all the supplies we needed. After a bit of measuring and several turns of the pipe cutter, I'm now the proud owner of a Niddy Noddy.

Already I've put it good use. Over the last few days I've spun and plied about 30 yards of Corriedale. Yesterday I soaked it to set the twist. Now it's drying on my Niddy Noddy. Next time, it'll be on the Niddy Noddy straight after plying, because that's the beauty of PVC - it can go straight into the soak! Neat, huh?

2 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Lucky you!

One pair of Hands said...

A niddy-noddy that can go into water, what a great idea.