Tuesday, December 1, 2009

24 days


24 days left until Christmas ... and lots to do! One project is a bright pair of socks. And I really mean bright. Colours like these brighten up dreary winter days. The pattern is Popsicle by Nicole Hindes, but it's hard to make out because the yarn is so blindingly bright. It's quite simple so far - just columns of rib with some baby bobbles every 4 rounds - but the top of the foot is where it gets interesting. The Popsicle pattern "melts off the top of the foot".

The pattern has been in my queue for ages. Partly, I suspect, because of all my happy childhood memories associated with popsicles. When we were kids Mom would buy 3 orange popsicles to be split amongst all us kids - they were easily broken into halfs. Why orange? Well, it wasn't anybody's favourite, but it was universally acceptable to all the kids. These days I always have Freezies in the house - my nephew knows the orange ones are for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lynn, Sometimes I read this blog just to recall my childhood! Thanks for (bringing back) the memories!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

maybe you should wear sunglasses when you knit them? ;-)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

orange has always been my favourite popsicle - then chocolate, then banana... which are really hard to find nowadays