Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!


With the first repeat of the Bison Tracks lace finished, I thought I'd better thread a lifeline through my Heartland Lace Shawl in case I need to rip back later. Although - knock on wood - the knitting has gone very smoothly so far. This is definitely easier than the Swallowtail Shawl I knit last year, and without Nupps, it knits up much more quickly. Here's hoping that I have enough yarn for quite a large shawl.

With our open house planned for tomorrow, today will be a busy one. Lots of shopping, cleaning and food prep to be done. Gavin and I don't really celebrate New Year's Eve; maybe because I'm not much for staying up late? For the last several years we've celebrated New Year's Day instead. Friends, neighbours and family drop in and stay as long as they like - lots of food, drink and conversation. Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That sounds like a nice way to spend the day! I prefer to spend New Year's at home alone with Dave, but he likes to be with people. Since we don't go out much I really can't say no... so off we go! Happy New Year!