Friday, December 4, 2009

pink + yellow + orange


Popsicles, freezies and hagelslag - these are the things that come to my mind as I knit these socks. But mostly hagelslag, or "sugar candy" as we used to call it when we were kids. What is it? Sugary fruit-flavoured sprinkles used as a sandwich topping ... very traditional Dutch. My Tante Heidi regularly brought us Dutch goodies and so often brought "sugar candy" that my childhood friends knew her as the Candy Lady. Yummm!

My first Popsicle sock is going really well. I've already turned the heel and worked about half the gusset decreases. And it does seem to me that all those Ravelers who decided against working the baby bobbles - considering them too fussy or too time-consuming - have really missed out. Because the bobbles absolutely make the pattern shine! Although, I was relieved to see the bobbles stop at the ankle, replaced by purls across the top of the foot. Imagine how those bobbles would feel inside a shoe!

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it's looking very pretty!

Frieda said...

Looks like a very interesing pattern . Nice work !