Sunday, January 17, 2010

January sockalong


When I joined Ravelry a year and a half ago, I joined a first time sock knitters group, and participated in several of the sockalongs since. Recently, in view of waning participation within the group, the moderator asked what socks we'd like to knit and how often we'd like to participate in sockalongs. Now that my pattern suggestion has been adopted for the January sockalong, I figured I'd better put excuses aside and cast on.

I'm glad I did. The pattern is Komet; a sock that's been in my queue for ages. And the yarn is SRK On Your Toes Bamboo; yarn that's leftover from the Express Lane socks I made last summer. Knitting through my queue, knitting the yarn in my stash - all in keeping with my New Year's resolutions. And what a pretty pattern!

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That is a very pretty pattern!

Susan said...

What a beautiful pattern! I'm running off to favorite it right now before I forget.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

oooh pretty!!