Monday, April 19, 2010

my quiet weekend


With Gavin away helping a friend work on a dock at his cottage in northern Ontario, the weekend was very quiet indeed. The cat stopped talking to me almost immediately, left each room as I entered and paused only to glare at me with resentment. As if I already didn't know who she loves most.

Saturday morning I sorted the estate paperwork and prepared a tax filing while doing the laundry. Not quite the cheerless task you might think - while going through Mom's things I came across an envelope with her childhood school reports, as well as other charming letters and cards.

Saturday afternoon I visited a friend at her new home in Oakville. A quick grocery shop, then my favourite pasta recipe for dinner, followed by hours on the sofa with knitting in hand, taking in game after game of Stanley Cup Playoffs. What a pleasure to watch skilled players complete in a high intensity hockey game instead of the dismal Maple Leafs!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Ours was nice and quiet too.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

a great weekend and four fab washcloths too!