Thursday, June 17, 2010

the shawl dilemma


With the final stitch bound off I can finally spread out the finished shawl to see it in its entirety. It's not completely finished - tonight I'll weave in the ends, soak it and block it properly - but even so, I'm thrilled. I just love the way the lace patterns repeat, intersect and flow out to the edges. One thing though, I don't wear shawls. I can't entirely figure out what to do with it now. Worse still, I want to knit more lace which poses a bit of a dilemma. Does it make sense to knit more shawls? Hmmm.

Next I'm going to swatch my Noro Shirakaba to see whether it's suitable for this Tea Leaves Cardigan pattern. This might be nice cardigan to wear over summer t-shirts in the air-conditioned chill of my workplace.

5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I didn't think I'd wear shawls either- but I do! Just start wearing them - then you'll knit more and more.

Frieda said...

liCongratulations on finishing it , it looks lovely !

Wear it! I'd never worn shawls either until I needed a little
"something " to complete a simple dress that I'd bought and tried wearing a small shawl . It actually made the outfit . I'd keep on knitting shawls , satisfy the urge , and the challenge , you can always gift them .

I love that cardigan and have it in my queue ! The Noro is beautiful , hope it works out !

Karen said...

I never thought I wore shawls, until I started knitting the dang things!

I find they're great for travelling--especially when I'm driving, I can just slip it up over my shoulders, or off, when I need to. And if you arrange it slightly off-centre and use a nice shawl pin, it looks very cool indeed, I think.

They also make the most fabulous gifts ever. 'Course, you really have to like the recipient a LOT!

One pair of Hands said...

Wear it, it's gorgeous! Shawls are really in at present. It would make a really lovely gift for some lucky person or spread it out as a bed cover. Its too lovely too fold up and put away in a cupboard.

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

it looks fab, well done you! I'll ewear it if you don't want it! ;-)