Friday, July 2, 2010

DVD rentals reviewed


Green Zone, The Men Who Stare at Goats and The Messenger are what we watched yesterday. The Green Zone was okay but very predictable. We've enjoyed Matt Damon in the Bourne movies and hoped for more of the same, but this one didn't really deliver. As for The Men Who Stare at Goats, it had some occasional funny moments but fell short of Koen Brothers films like The Big Lebowski or Oh Brother, Where Art Thou. We were surprised by The Messenger - the acting was outstanding. I also rented Young Victoria which we'll find time for in the next couple of days.

While watching, I finished knitting the body of my Tea Leaves Cardigan. It fits nicely, but after adding 1-1/2" to the yoke and 2" to the body of the sweater I suspect I'm going to run short of yarn for the sleeves. My plan is to knit the button bands and then knit a sleeve. Once the first sleeve is done I'll know how much more I need for the second.

Thanks for all the good wishes for Gavin. Hopefully he starts to feel better soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you pick the words that form the word verification?

Anonymous said...

Great piece and magnificent stitches. I hope Gavin is feeling better soon but until then perhaps he should take up knitting !

One pair of Hands said...

Looking good so far.