Tuesday, July 6, 2010

a sleeve for Tea Leaves


Now that I've completed the first sleeve and one button band, I can breathe easier knowing that I have enough yarn to finish my Tea Leaves Cardigan. Although I also have enough yarn to make the sleeves full length, I prefer three-quarter length. It is a summer cardigan after all. It fits beautifully and drapes beautifully, and I really couldn't be happier with it. It's just right for wearing in an air conditioned workplace over a summer t-shirt.

I have started the second sleeve; in fact, it's about a quarter done. But with extreme heat alerts and temperatures feeling in the 40s with the humidex, I don't really want a sweater on my lap in the evenings when I sit down to knit. The second sleeve may have to wait until the end of the week when a break in the heat wave is expected.

I'm also being distracted by the book Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornsby which I'm enjoying tremendously - so much so, that I might have to search out his first couple of novels. But only after the second sleeve is done!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm absolutely loving the Tea Leaves! I've got to make myself another one!

One pair of Hands said...

This is looking really good. Roll on cooler weather so you can get it finished.