Saturday, August 7, 2010

less than 2gr left


Watching the scale flick between 1 gram and 2 grams as I weigh my left over yarn gives me a great deal of satisfaction. Very efficient use of yarn, eh? Knitting socks toe-up could become addictive for this reason alone. And now that I've had some success with a Turkish cast on I think I can finally stop avoiding toe-up patterns.

I've pulled out some gorgeous Lucy Neatby Celestial Merino for my first pair of Broad Street Mittens. It may seem like an overly luxurious choice but the scarlet colourway is calling me, especially after a week of knitting brown. This yarn was bought with someone in mind; so maybe that person will get mittens for Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mitten yarn can NEVER be too luxurious. LOL Can't wait to see the scarlet mittens.

The socks turned out great!

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the socks look fab, well done you for keeping your nerve as the yarn disappeared.
looking forward to seeing the mittens!

Frieda said...

Nice socks ! I always have problems with the heels in toe up socks so tend to knit them cuff down .

Can't wait to see the scarlet mittens in progress ...

WildflowerWool said...

Great socks and I love the colour!

A lady in our knitting group finished a pair of mitts on Friday for a Christmas gift. You ladies are so organized to actually be knitting your gifts already. I have been thinking about it which is ahead of schedule for me!

Thanks for the tip on checking for corrections with my sock pattern. I will do that before I go any farther.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very nice socks! I love the colour