Friday, August 20, 2010

Leyburn Socks


The bright morning sun really shows off the criss-cross pattern on these Leyburn socks. They're narrower through the foot than most of the patterns that I've knit up until now - but I think that's a good thing. I like my socks to fit snugly! I'm really happy with the way these turned out. Now I'm thinking of adapting the pattern to make child size socks from all the Kroy self-striping sock yarn I've got on hand.

This Misty Highland colourway is the darkest yarn I've ever attempted socks with. It's fine for a simple pattern like this, but I wouldn't want to try any of the more complicated Cookie A patterns with a yarn this dark. It really is much harder to read your knitting! And the dark rosewood needles I've used are almost the same colour as the yarn, making things a bit tougher still.

For last night's supper I made a baked vegetable pie with a rice crust filled with thinly sliced zucchini, yellow squash, onions and kalamata olives, topped with shredded cheddar cheese. It is delicious, and thank goodness for that. To use up all the garden fresh zucchini and yellow squash, I had to make two pies. Looks like it's leftovers for lunch today and dinner tonight!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The socks are beautiful! I'm going to have to try that pattern, I have very narrow feet and I always have to "shrink" my socks a bit to get a sung fit

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the finish! They do look pretty awesome in the sun!