Friday, November 5, 2010

blanket raptures


So now that it's dry I just want to walk it around and pose it in different ways. Typically I keep photos in my posts really small but today I made the picture MUCH larger. Click to enlarge if you want to see more detail. But be warned, you'll want to knit this pattern, too!

I can't say enough good things about the patterns that I used. Stephanie Vander Linden has designed many, many beautiful socks, but this one - GrĂ¼n ist die Hoffnung - is just too gorgeous to hide in shoes. The motif suits me better in a starring role, repeated sixteen times to make up the centre of the blanket. And the border of Jared Flood's Tweed Baby Blanket is simple, elegant and quite sumptuous. I'm definitely going knit the Tweed Baby blanket in its entirety in the new year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful. Congratulations on the finish.