Friday, November 12, 2010

on some things we agree


Between Scarborough and Danforth stations on my GO Train trip into work this morning, I grafted the toe to complete the first of my Julia socks. Good timing, because Andrea works Fridays and she has exactly the same size foot (tiny and narrow) as the friend for whom these socks are intended.

Andrea and I are in complete agreement about this - we LOVE this sock. It fits great and the pattern is fantastic. The twisted ribbing pattern of the cuff continues seamlessly all the way down the leg, the heel flap and across the instep. Also, there's a diamond pattern repeat centred on the heel flap - a very nice little detail, that. And what to say about the incredible greens of this Lochness colourway from Fiber Optic Yarns and Fibers? I just couldn't be happier with this sock!

All good, right? Well, yes, but now that Andrea's had the first sock on her foot she feels strongly that this pair was meant for her. And, no matter how perfect they would be for her, I'm afraid I can't agree to that. My strategic path for completing my Christmas knitting is already on the crazy side; no room to add one more pair, even if her feet are tiny and narrow. But, come the New Year, my schedule looks wide open ... maybe we can figure out something for her then?

Now, I think I'd better get moving with sock number 2!

3 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

I can understand why A feels that the socks should be for her, I would feel the same!

Anonymous said...

Well, that is IF you can get sock #1 away from Andrea. LOL

WildflowerWool said...

Wow, great pattern!