Tuesday, November 2, 2010

yarn for Julia


As far as my blanket goes, I've ripped out the iCord edge and have made some progress in ripping back one round of lace. Hopefully I'll get the iCord edge restarted tonight. My second Simple Skyp sock is progressing when I get a few minutes at work and in transit. Maybe there'll be something to show in the next few days?

But look what came in the mail yesterday! It's Fiber Optic Footnotes sock yarn in the Batik colourway "Loch Ness". Now that's green! These skeins are intended for two pairs of socks as part of my Christmas knitting. The pattern for the first pair has been in my queue for ages - Julia by Emily Johnson. It's just one of several stunning patterns from her Family Trunk collection. I better get a move on with the above mentioned projects on needles, because I can't wait to cast on these socks!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Curses. I am now completely obsessed with these socks. The pattern is amazing! but I'm not finished the ones I've pledged to complete...

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

that is a stunning colour!! wow.and wow again!

Anonymous said...

That pattern will be awesome in that color!