Friday, January 7, 2011

snowy


The last few days have been snowy around here. We've had a couple of dustings of snow giving me the chance to shovel the walk and the driveway a few times. This may sound crazy, but I actually like shoveling snow, particularly this morning's light and powdery snow. As my shovel scraped the cement of the sidewalk, I could hear that same scraping sound echoed around the neighbourhood. Snowy mornings are otherwise quieter than other mornings.

With just the toe decreases to complete on the second dark grey sock, I started thinking about what to knit next. Children's socks again; for the Warm Hands Network January 30th shipping deadline I'll continue knitting children's socks for the next week or so. But to change it up from the dark grey I wanted yarn in a brighter and icier colourway next. Kroy Socks Jacquards in a turquoise colourway look "snowy" - let's go with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty colorway. I'm knitting with Kroy right now. It makes a nice, workhorse kind of sock.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that at least one of us enjoys shoveling snow...

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Brrr... I think I'm done with the snow now... bring on spring! But that is lovely yarn!

WildflowerWool said...

Great picture! Good for you for knitting socks for charity. They are going to be so welcomed by a child in need :)