Saturday, February 19, 2011

WIP wrestling match #3 - defeated


I've given up on this yarn. I bought a bag of it three years ago because it was very cheap and because I thought I could knit cotton socks from it. I have made a pair of slippers holding the yarn doubled but they're not very nice. And I cast on and knit most of the front of this child's sweater, but I didn't like the way that was turning out either. As a matter of fact, I've looked at every single last project knit from this yarn on Ravelry and haven't been inspired to knit any of them.

Enough. The child's sweater has been frogged, the yarn has been bagged and it's ready to go to Value Village. Maybe there's someone else out there who can put this yarn to good use. I feel slightly defeated by throwing in the towel this way, but I don't feel like spending another minute on this yarn. Onwards and upwards.

3 comments:

CTJen said...

life is too short to knit w/ yarn you hate!

Anonymous said...

What SHE said ... if you really hate the yarn, you'll never like the project.

It IS a pretty color though. Hopefully someone else will be ecstatic finding yarn at the Value Village.

MagicalJane said...

by Value Village - do you mean my house? I'd love to give it a try ... so pretty looking