Saturday, March 19, 2011

after the storm


pattern: Storm Socks by Diane Mulholland
yarn: Regia Extra Twist Merino (65 gr or 275m)
mods: changed W&T toe and W&T heel to my usuals

These Storm socks are done and I'm very happy with the result. They're simple and quite plain, but still very nice. The seed stitch columns give the socks just enough interest and the ribbed construction ensures good fit. Very practical; I'd knit these again.

Next? Another pair of Kid's Basic Socks with Kroy sock yarn from the stash I think. In spring colours, definitely.

2 comments:

Caffeine Girl said...

I love the socks. I'm not sure I have the patience for that much seed stitch!

Frieda said...

Love the socks ! , but ditto for the seed stitch . Whenever there's a seed stitch border on a baby blanket I switch to a garter stitch border instead .