Wednesday, March 23, 2011

blanket progress


This morning's forecast storm turned out to be just a dusting for those of us in the east end of Toronto. That's just as well; we took the snow tires off the car last week. The driving isn't as good as you travel west, so I'll have to take it easy on my drive to work.

One good thing about snow and below zero temperatures? It's perfect weather for blanket knitting. Three blocks are done and the last is well underway. I hope complete this fourth block by Thursday evening so that I can start grafting them together. Once assembled I'm planning a simple seed stitch border with whatever yarn remains.

Do I sound impatient? I guess I am eager to finish and not just because I can't wait to see it done. It'd also be nice to have fewer surfaces in our living room/dining room covered in knitting.

2 comments:

CTJen said...

This storm is supposed to bring us as much as 5 inches of snow! We'll see. The blanket looks good!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I hope you didn't have to drive too far west - my end of Toronto (427 and Burmanthorpe) was BRUTAL!