Thursday, March 3, 2011

wrapped and turned


The last couple of days at work have been a nightmare ...

On Monday the computer wouldn't start up - it just hung on an empty grey screen. It was step-by-step through the help suggestions from Apple's technical support, until archiving and reinstalling the system software finally worked.

On Tuesday the Creative Suite apps wouldn't work - licensing problems as a side effect of reinstalling the system software. It was hour after hour on the phone with the Adobe support remotely controlling my desktop and still no resolution by end of day.

After a sleepless night I went to work Wednesday determined to get this sorted. It was another couple of hours on the phone with Adobe support, when Adobe finally agreed with my suggestion to uninstall, run a cleaner app and reinstall. That worked.

But how frustrating was that!?! Good thing I had a sock to knit; along with Gavin's sage advice, that's what kept me sane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gah! I hate dealing with computer issues. Glad you got yours resolved.

We went with a new internet/cable/phone provider over the weekend. I thought I would pull out all my hair by the end of the weekend. =;-<