Thursday, April 21, 2011

a swatch


Last night I missed my usual train by just a few minutes. And then the next train, which was scheduled to depart 34 minutes later, was delayed by another half hour. As a result supper was very, very late and I only had a few minutes to knit before bed time. Very annoying!

There wasn't enough time to sew sweater seams, but just enough time to pull out the largest needles I own to knit a Habu swatch.

gauge: 16 sts = 5 inches in seed stitch

That's what I needed to know to prepare the zipper for this little clutch I have in mind. When I was at Gemini Fibers for my drop spindle class, I picked up a copy of the winter 2010 issue of Interweave Knits. I'm intrigued by this clever article from TECHknitter on incorporating zippers into knitting without sewing. I've got my latch hook and I'm ready to give it a try!

No comments: