Tuesday, April 12, 2011

sweater progress report


Sweater back? Check.
Sweater left front? Check.
Sweater right front? Check.
Now for the sleeves.

Even though sleeves generally involve way more knitting than anyone could reasonably expect, these particular sleeves should go relatively quickly. The sleeves have only a few colourwork rows at the end; for the most part they're plain stockinette. Plain stockinette in bulky yarn on big needles - should just fly off the needles right?

Can you tell I'm impatient to get to the finishing? I've been looking at buttons and saw the perfect pewter ones on the weekend, but eight buttons at $3 each was too much. It makes me think about my Mom's button jar although I doubt there were eight matching buttons of any style in there. Maybe vintage buttons? Or perhaps I should wait to see what I see at the Knitter's Frolic?

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Buttons can be crazy expensive... sometimes you can find good ones at thrift stores or flea markets.

One pair of Hands said...

I did once see a very trendy young woman wearing a cardigan with not one button matching the other. She said it was good because when she lost a button she replaced it with whatever took her fancy. I've never done this but I thought it was an interesting idea.

WildflowerWool said...

Wow, amazing progress, wonderful pattern and great colours!!

MagicalJane said...

That looks to be beautifuly done so far! Great job as always.