Saturday, June 11, 2011

random Saturday


My Scrub•Bee dishcloth pattern was published in late summer 2009, so the other day I decided to have a little look to see the response to the pattern. Imagine, someone used the pattern on the front of a bag! How cute is that!

The weather for today's Waterfront festival was cool and overcast, which isn't great, but it's better than a steady rain that was forecast. Gavin did SUP demonstrations and then invited a couple of friends back for lunch. I decided on a Greek salad to accompany the farmer's sausage he was barbecuing and tried out this recipe for buttermilk dressing. Delicious! And thanks to these frozen dill cubes, preparation was a snap. When I buy fresh herbs I always end up with most of the bundle leftover. Not any more thanks to these handy cubes; they're very convenient!

I thought I'd broken my camera yesterday - it'd power on and then shut off promptly, or not start at all, or flash EMPTY BATTERY warnings. Gavin fixed it though. As it turns out the metal on the bottom hinge of the battery compartment wasn't properly contacting the battery itself. A bit of a tweak, and voilĂ , it works again. Phew!

Now, I think I have an evening free to knit, so see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm so glad we didn't get the rain - Dave dragged me through a scrap yard all morning!