Saturday, July 2, 2011

that's it


Isn't the internet a wonderful thing? After a not entirely successful first attempt at Ndebele beadwork I poked around for a better tutorial. And when Fusion Beads was mentioned on a Ravelry forum I had a look there. VoilĂ ! This tutorial explains it really clearly; even I can do that!

Turns out a two row bead ladder is a great way to create a solid foundation for successive rows of beads. And the online tutorial at Fusion Beads also explains how to end one thread, how to start another and how to turn. As if they knew that I know absolutely nothing about beading ... very helpful!

I wanted a random mixture of beads so I've emptied them all into a bowl, stirred to mix them thoroughly and then I'm stringing them however they come. This is surprisingly difficult for me; I have to fight the urge to select specific colours and resist the temptation to reorder the colours when two or three of the same colour align. It's probably good therapy for me, helping towards overcoming my control issues. Maybe that's why I find it so relaxing?

2 comments:

WildflowerWool said...

Love the beads.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That's so neat - I use to do a similar type of beading, but I used a loom my dad made me.