Saturday, August 27, 2011

glowing


While working away at the yoke of CeCe I took a break to put together another set of stitch markers. I love the last set I made but with two chunky glass beads on each, they're quite heavy ... about 3 grams each. For these, I'm using a 6mm Japanese miracle bead with a wooden bead and antique brass findings. Much lighter ... less than a gram apiece, and much better for my sock projects.

Have you seen miracle beads? They really do seem to glow! The photo doesn't do them any justice; they're quite compelling in person. Too bad there are only nine stitch markers. If I hadn't cracked one of the wooden beads when tightening the wire around the top there would have been ten. From now on, I'd better leave the wire beading to others. My time is better spent knitting, I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the rustic look of the metal pieces. They're very pretty.

Caffeine Girl said...

I think you did a great job with the markers. Metal work always involves some breakage!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Those are lovely - great combination of materials!