Thursday, January 26, 2012

extended play socks


One more pair of scrappy socks done; all that's left to do is to get them in the mail. Last time I posted a parcel I tried Canada Post's online shipping tools. That worked out pretty well. The rate calculator allowed me to enter different measurements to determine the most cost-effective parcel size and shape. And I could print my own labels and drop them in a mailbox before work rather than lining up at Post Office counter during working hours.

By alternating the red/grey kroy sock yarn with a coordinating solid grey yarn I was able to extend the red all the way through the legs and the feet and use up that yarn entirely. It's been kind of fun to experiment with different strategies to use up oddments of sock yarn. For my next pair of scrappy socks I'm looking at this pattern: Circle Socks. Although the pattern is written for self-striping yarn, I plan to use two colours of yarn instead along the lines of what I did in my Circle Cloth.

This pair is the fourth pair of socks completed this month. Count that as about 300 grams out and 0 grams in - more progress towards my goal to Surmount The Stash in 2012! How are you doing with your goals and resolutions?

5 comments:

sparkeespud said...

I really love those socks!!!

Anonymous said...

They look GREAT! They don't look like scraps. They look like self-striping -- great job!

You are really smashing through your stash. Me? Not so much.

WildflowerWool said...

Great looking socks! FOUR pairs this month??!! Wow.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The socks look great - I could probably make some pretty funky ones with all the left overs I have!

Cloudberry said...

Love these!
I see that I need to buy some gray or black yarn so I can make some scrappy socks too with some of my leftovers :)
Have a great weekend!