Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dragonfly Socks Mini KAL update


Yesterday's post from Wandering Cat was a bit of a kick in the pants ...

After blogging on Wednesday, I actually stayed up and finished the first Dragonfly sock ... The second sock has been started and I will be working on it as soon as I hit publish!

And Dee's comment last Monday ...

This pattern literally flies! I don't know when I've ever knit a pattern so quickly.

My first Dragonfly sock was finished on Wednesday as well, but Thursday and Friday were spent doing other things and I hadn't got around to casting on that second sock. But after reviewing the progress some of the others are making I've made a start this morning. That's how KALs are supposed to work, right? The progress of the faster participants inspires the rest of us? Or maybe it's just my competitive nature?

Whatever the case, I plan to knit monogamously on this project with the hope of finishing up by the end of the long weekend. Besides, I think I'm going to need to free up these needles for my Year of Projects which starts - er, is supposed to start - Sunday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

I think I'd better get off this computer and start knitting or I'M going to be the one left in the dust. LOL

Have a wonderful weekend.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Haha! I didn't meant to finish it - I swear - and I haven't gotten too far on the second - just three repeats in. Since I'll be spending they day dyeing, you'll have lots of time to surpass me!

Frieda said...

I'm lagging behind all of you speedy knitters . I'm just starting the toe decreases on the first sock . Not much hope of getting both socks done , this weekend. I'm babysitting Mason till tomorrow evening . His parents are away for a mini getaway . Let me tell you there's not much hope of knitting time with that energetic monkey . His nap time is my pick up after him time . If I'm lucky , I might get in a cup of tea before he wakes up . One more sleep and he goes home , then it's my turn .....

RobinBrz said...

No matter how long it takes you are a Sock Master! Another great pattern and color!

Kim said...

Beautiful. I will be doing my first socks during year 2 and I am not sure how I will ever settle on a pattern!
*smiles*

Pumpkin said...

That color is pretty. It isn't one that I would usually look twice at, but with this pattern and in that light, I want a skein of my own, and badly. The stitch pattern definitely looks addictive too! You are off to a great start!