Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Work-in-Progress Wednesday


It's the last WIP Wednesday before the big day and Christmas workshop activities are in full gear.

My first priority is to finish the second Heelless Sleeping Sock. I'm planning Christmas drinks with Shirley tomorrow or Friday evening and hope to gift these then. The fact that there's about half a sock plus a toe still to knit, and not much coloured yarn left is somewhat disquieting but I'm trying not to think about it. After all, there's always more yardage in those little balls than you'd think, right? RIGHT? There just HAS to be!

The super secret Christmas knitting project is not done and the shipping deadline for that has passed. No choice but to wrap and send the store-bought portion ahead with a little note of my intentions to follow up with handmade portion in the New Year. With luck I can still finish and mail before the end of December.

At the same time I've been matching up dishcloths with handmade soaps in little Christmas bundles for those on my list who get just a little something and not a full-blown present. They're awfully cute little gifts once tissue and bows are added. Makes me with I'd been a bit more industrious on the dishcloth front through the year :)

And finally, in anticipation of wrapping up all things Christmas in the next few days I've got this skein of red sock yarn ready. Another tradition is a pair of red socks ahead of Chinese New Year for a friend with whom I share an upcoming birthday. The colourway is "Here Comes Trouble" and, wonders never cease, I think my iPhone did a good job capturing the actual colour. It is unabashed, take-no-prisoners, here-comes-trouble RED. Almost a shame to think of putting on shoes!

Got a minute or two? Be sure to check out the links at Tami's Amis to see how industrious all the other elves are being :)

9 comments:

geeky Heather said...

That cloth looks beautiful and I LOVE the little bee soap!! That will be a great little giftie indeed. Hmm, I should knit some of these up myself...next year. ;)

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I'm feeling the stress too - wondering if I'll have enough yarn to finish Dad's sweater... only four balls left and I've just joined the sleeves to the bottom - Yikes!

Those little soap packages are very sweet!

Sandra said...

I hope you can finish your WIP's at time! And have yarn enough for the socks!
Yes! "There's always more yardage in those little balls than you'd think"
Yes! Yes! There is always more yardage!! Right!!!
lol
I do not have knitted gifts this year, maybe next...

IrishSapphire said...

Gorgeous color of socks! I think my next pair is going to be a heelless/afterthought heel type..... Off to go look at that pattern link!

Unknown said...

Love the red!!! And the soap is so sweet. You can do it on the socks. Go girl!

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how many rows you can knit from a tiny ball of sock yarn. I think you'll be fine!

Andria said...

I hardly ever get things done "on time" The cloth and soap is a great idea, I may have to borrow it. And I'm sure the socks will be just fine!

Babajeza said...

The soap with the bee on it is lovely. :-)

Stefanie said...

What a great idea pairing cute soap with a hand knitted dishcloth! That's a terrific red for Chinnese New Year.