Monday, April 7, 2014

a surprise in the mail

getting a good photo of your own feet is tough
Just before we left for our Florida getaway the most amazing package arrived in the mail - a beautiful pair of hand knit socks and some decadent Lindt chocolate. Completely unexpected!

You'd have thought that Restless Needles would be busy enough through her Mad March, what with worries about grandkids' health, tax preparation, getting ready for her own vacation, and broken bones resulting from a fall. But through all that craziness, she still found the time to knit these gorgeous Patina socks for me! And how thoughtful is this? She stalked through my Ravelry project pages to find my foot size so that the socks would fit perfectly. And fit perfectly they do! Considering my feet are size 11, that's a lot of knitting.

I should have posted earlier, but when I opened the package I squealed with delight, popped the socks on my feet and headed to the airport. It was these socks that I wore on the plane trip to and from Florida, and a few hours on chilly mornings in Florida as well. They're already well worn! When we returned home I worked my way through the mountains of laundry; my new socks were machine washed, laid flat to dry and are ready to wear again. Now that they're on my feet, I think that's where they'll stay for today. It's 4° this morning, with a forecast high of 7° so some wool socks with a bit of lace are ideal.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are beautiful! Socks are good. Socks knitted for you by a friend are GREAT!

Stefanie said...

These are pretty! What a sweet gift. She knitted them beautifully.

Evelyn said...

So sweet ... socks and chocolate!

Frieda said...

My timing was impeccable Lynn , I broke my wrist shortly after I finished these socks :-) .

Rachelle said...

Those are very pretty socks, and being a surprise makes them even better!

WildflowerWool said...

What a wonderful surprise!!!